Nicki's blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

9th August 2006 - Klipheuwel area

It was such a nice day, I really wanted to spend some time in the saddle enjoying the sunshine. Decided a bit late to do the trip, which meant I only had an hour and a half due to another commitment. It had to be close to home, and not too long, so I decided on a route I scouted using my new Day drives from Cape Town map.


I took the R302 out of Durbanville towards Klipheuwel, and took this picture on the way. Of course I had to get a finger in the way.



Soon after I crossed the Stellenbosch-Malmesbury road onto Slent Rd and passed the Eskom Wind Turbines.





Some leftovers from the recent good rains.





Too soon for my liking the tarred road from Windmeul past Paardeberg arrives, and I turn left, where one can view Table Mountain in the distance.





I turn left towards Klipheuwel upon reaching the Klipheuwel-Malmesbury road (R302). At Klipheuwel I turn right onto the R302 towards Durbanville. Just after Klipheuwel I turn right towards Philadelphia on the R304. Within a couple of hundred metres, it is time for some gravel in the form of the Occultdale road on the left.



I saw this beautiful coloured field next to the farmyard along the way.



At the end of the Occultdale road, we meet the road between Durbanville and the Philadelphia road (M58), and turn left.



From here quick running was required to get home in time for another appointment. I wanted to turn right onto the Malanshoogte road, but there was no time, maybe another day.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   November 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?